CLEARWATER LITTLE LEAGUE
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
DATE - OCTOBER 3 RD 2019 @ 6:30PM
Our general membership meeting and board elections will be on October 3 rd . Anyone can attend our general membership meeting, but only regular members have motion and voting
rights. Regular members are those who have committed 24 hours or more of volunteer services in the league for the calendar year of 2019, have filled out a volunteer form and passed a
background check and have to have good standing within the league. Anyone can run to be a board member. If you’re interested below are some details around voting and expectations.
- Board members are expected to attend one board meeting a month
- Board members are to perform duties for the office/position they are elected/assigned
- There are 2 phases to becoming a member and subsequently being voted into a particular office
- The First Phase is to be elected onto the board by our regular members
- Regular members of the league include all 2019 Managers, coaches, official team parents, Volunteer Umpires, board members and officers of the board that are in good standing
- After board members are elected the board will immediately have their first board meeting with current and newly voted board members. The sole purpose of this meeting is to vote board members into individual offices. The current board votes on these offices, newly voted in board members do not yet have a vote and will be assigned offices.
- Newly elected board members are not eligible to be voted onto the executive board (the offices of President, VP’s, treasures, secretary and Player agent)
- If the board finds they are in need of additional officers they are able to select from the original voting ballot used for voting by the regular members
- Current board members and new board members will work together through our fiscal year of October to September to transition into new offices.
- New officers will Officially take their new positions Oct. 3 2019
Board members must participate in “all hands on deck” events such as fundraisers, banquets, and tournaments.
If you would like to be added to the election ballot please send your info to Peter Mcguff (email below). Please let us know why you wish to join the board and your current involvement
in the league and what you wish to see accomplished as a board member.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 6PM OCT 1, 2019.
AN ABSENT BALLOT WILL BE SENT OUT TO REGULAR MEMBERS WHO CAN NOT ATTEND THE MEMBERSHIP MEETING ON OCT 2. AND MUST BE RETURNED
BY OCT. 3 AT 5PM TO BE COUNTED TOWARDS THE VOTING.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.